About Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium
One of the largest aquariums in the world can be found in the Japanese island of Okinawa, and its name is the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium. The aquarium first opened its doors in 2002 and is home to a vast array of marine life, such as dolphins, whale sharks, manta rays, and a range of fish and coral species. The primary tank at the aquarium is known as the Kuroshio Sea, and it has a capacity of 7,500 cubic meters of water. It also houses several whale sharks, which are a popular attraction at the facility. The Sea of Coral exhibit at the aquarium showcases a significant collection of living coral and is one of the many displays within the aquarium that highlight the marine ecosystems of Okinawa and the surrounding region. The Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium is a well-liked location for vacationers, and it is well-known for the research and conservation work that it does to safeguard marine life.
Hisotry timeline of Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium
How to reach Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium
The Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium may be found in Okinawa, Japan’s Motobu neighborhood. The following are some of the access points to the aquarium:
By Car: If you have access to a car, the Okinawa Expressway can take you to the aquarium, and you can get there by driving there. It takes approximately two hours to reach the aquarium when departing from Naha, which is Okinawa’s capital city.
By public bus: Several different bus companies in Okinawa provide routes that lead to the aquarium from a variety of different areas on the island. The most time- and cost-efficient method is to take the Yanbaru Express Bus, which departs from the Naha Bus Terminal and arrives at the aquarium in around two hours and fifty minutes.
By Taxi: Taxis are readily available across Okinawa, however the cost of this mode of transportation may be significantly more than that of using the bus or driving oneself.
By tour bus: many different tour companies offer bus trips that stop at the aquarium as part of their itineraries. If you wish to see other places of interest in the vicinity as well, this may be a practical choice for you to consider.
Attractions in Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium
Do's and Dont's at Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium
Statistics of Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium
Here are some statistics about the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium:
- The aquarium opened in 2002 and is located in the Motobu district of Okinawa, Japan.
- The main tank, called the Kuroshio Sea, holds 7,500 cubic meters of water and is one of the largest in the world.
- The aquarium has a total of 77 tanks and exhibits, showcasing over 700 different species of marine life.
- The Sea of Coral exhibit is one of the largest coral reef exhibits in the world, holding over 2,000 coral colonies and 200 species of fish.
- The aquarium has a research and conservation center on site, which conducts scientific research on marine life and works to protect endangered species.
- The aquarium is visited by over 3 million people each year, making it one of the most popular tourist attractions in Okinawa and in Japan.
- The aquarium is also home to a marine animal hospital, which provides medical care for injured marine animals and releases them back into the wild when they are ready.