What you can do in Dubrovnik
It has a narrative of being able to transport someone with its dramatic surroundings for generations which led to it being called the Pearl of the Adriatic. Visit the old town here following this on foot and explore Stradun which is the main thoroughfare via the old town. The first thing to do here is to take a full circuit walk of the magnificent 13th-century City Walls. Drop by Fort Lovrijenac, St. The next stop is where you would feel like you are part of not only the historical real-life past but also find yourself living in the reel life of the Game of Thrones tv show. Dominika Street, Minceta Tower, and Pile Bay, the Blackwater Bay, where scenes of the Emmy Award-winning show were shot. Dubrovnik Croatia travel is most recommended for your next tailor-made Croatia holiday. After this be sure to take a ferry to Lokrum Island to experience the beaches and gardens. Dubrovnik offers a plethora of opportunities to be a part of Croatia’s history. Dubrovnik of Southern Eastern Croatia is a port city on the coastline of the southern Adriatic Sea.
What you can do in Split
A visit to the Diocletian Palace should be the first thing on your visit to Split on your Croatia tours from India. It currently is considered one-half of the old town of Split. Following this be sure to see The Cathedral of Saint Domnius, home to the bell towers dedicated to the Virgin Mary and Saint Domnius. For art lovers, the Mestrovic Gallery and stroll in the Revia. A day trip for nature lovers to the Plitvice Lakes National Park is the best way to spend the last day in Split. The enticing features of the second most populated city of Croatia revolve around its glorious past, rich culture and architecture. Sunsets from the top of these towers are sure to make your day. Split is the second must-visit city when you are holidaying in Croatia. Taking the Marjan hill hike and a visit to the Prva Vidilica Na Marjanu viewpoint is the best way to zoom out and adore the city at large.
What you can do in Zagreb
Be ready to get your mind blown at the Muzej iluzija by witnessing illusions on a large scale. Or go “ old” school and visit The Archaeological Museum in Zagreb, and let history make your jaws drop. Ask our experienced travel consultants to include this in your Croatia tour packages. To start things off, visit the Cathedral of Zagreb and connect with your soul. Any one of the Croatia travel packages that you choose is sure to include anywhere between 2-4 nights in Zagreb. A mid-day visit to the Zagreb zoo within Maksimir Park is the place to be to see some of the world’s endangered species. Or by seeing contemporary art at the Croatian Museum Of Naïve Art. To end things on a high note you can shop to your heart’s content at the Dolac farmers market. The capital city of Croatia is sure to enrich your travel experience culturally, historically and spiritually. The Gothic-style building in the southeast of the Alps is the tallest building standing in Croatia. If you want to heal from a past relationship without closure, the Museum Of Broken Relationships might just do the trick.
What do in Zadar
To experience and understand the historical and artistic heritage of the wider Zadar region, visit the Archaeological Museum Zadar and the National Museum and bask in the glorious remains of the past. Anastasia’s Cathedral and St. On the other hand, the greetings to the sun are the place where the ground lights up to pay respects to the saints of Zadar thanks to technology. The historical and spiritual wonders here are the churches. Mary’s Church, St. Donatus Church, and St. The St. Simeon’s Church are a few notable ones that have stood the test of time through the centuries. The top things that you shouldn’t miss out on are the beaches, fine architecture and places of historical interest. Built by the same architect Nikola Bašić these two structures are sure to make you fall in love with Zadar. Any good Croatia vacation reserves a good 2 to 3 days for getting the best of what Zadar has to offer. The sea organ is where waves make music when they crash against the steps leading to the ocean. The next must-visit destination on your India to Croatia tour package is the city of Zabar. Reserve the best to the last by visiting the architectural miracles of Zabar that attract tourists from all over the world, the Sea Organ and the Greeting to the Sun.
What you can do in Rijeka
The beautiful city demands anywhere between 3-5 days of your holiday in Croatia. Rijeka is a low-key destination in Croatia that is not often visited by tourists since many are not aware of its existence in the first place. Just like in the rest of Croatia, museums here are aplenty. The coastline consists of 11 beaches out of which the Ploce and Kostanj beaches have been declared the best European beaches. The famous ones are the Peek & Poke Computer Museum, Maritime and History Museum of the Croatian Littoral and the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art. Speaking of natural beauty, the beaches are nothing short of perfect. This was the birthplace of the Torpedo and the first-ever factory that produced them at a rate of a hundred per month. This will give you a chance to drop by the central market to buy produce and marvel at how efficient it was made to be. Be sure to ask your Travel consultant to get you an apartment to stay in while customizing your Croatia tour packages.
Croatia Vacation Package Inclusions
- The Old town of Dubrovnik is one of the world’s finest and most perfectly preserved medieval cities. The walls of the city were built to protect the port city from attacks by Venice a rival port city. Visit the local theatre to see a play and if you are visiting in summer, you will be able to be a part of the Dubrovnik summer festival. When you are not doing this you can visit the cafes markets, bazaars and restaurants. In the present day, you take a tour of these walls while visiting the old town on your Dubrovnik Croatia travel. It is perfectly perched on the coast of the Adriatic Sea and is set against the backdrop of rocky Limestone mountains. You can drop by the churches, palaces and museums to get a glimpse of the past. The city has people hustling and visiting both modern and ancient establishments.
- It was built in the 11th century at an elevation of 37m in just 3 months. Fort Lovrijenac is the famous Red Keep of the show. Continue on your journey and walk through the walls of Dubrovnik to view the red rooftops of King’s Landing or simply look out over Blackwater Bay. The Tour will include visiting Fort Lovrijenac, Old Town, Walls of Dubrovnik and Trsteno Arboretum. If you are a GoT fan then you need to visit Dubrovnik on your Croatia trip from India. The next stop is exploring one of the oldest arboretums in Croatia, the Trsteno Arboretum. Make sure your Croatia travel packages include this. After this, you will be walking through multiple shoot sites when visiting the old town. You also get to see the gardens that are featured in King’s Landing’s palace gardens.
- The Palace plays a major role in contributing to Split Croatia tourism. One of the most popular cultural attractions is the Diocletian Palace in Split. It was built with solid walls and towers surrounding the main structure to protect the emperor during his sunset years. It is a fortress that was built in the 4th century by Roman Emperor Diocletian to act as his home during his retirement years. Dominus, the Golden gate and the Fruit Square. Once you enter the outer walls of the fortress, you stumble upon 4 notable sites that are sure to impress you. It is currently recognized as a UNESCO heritage site along with the Old town of Split. Entry to the site is free while the entrance to the palace will be charged. These are the Split Peristyle, Cathedral of St. The palace is also located close to the Bacvice beach which is a must-visit on a Croatia tour package from India.
- You can surely try and follow the lamplighters as the street lights here are hand-lit at dusk. Be sure to spend a good amount of time here when you are holidaying in Croatia the next time! Located at the base of the majestic Medvednica Mountains, at its heart is St.Mark’s Square. To the south of the square are the Museum of Naïve Art and the Museum of Broken Relationships. It is here you can visit St.Mark’s Church which was built in the 17th century. The upper town of the Gornji Grad is the historical district of the Capital city. Going forward to the North you can Meštrovic Atelier a museum fashioned out of what was formerly the home and studio of the great sculptor. It is home to various sites of historical importance and is a retreat for history buffs.
- It draws tourists in huge numbers every year since the tip of the beach keeps changing its shape due to the influence of winds, waves, and sea currents. A day trip to Brac Island from Split reveals the opportunity to visit the gorgeous cone-shaped white-pebble Zlatni Rat beach. Be sure to add this to your Croatia tour packages that you might explore in the future. Along with this is it is also famous for offering the best snorkelling experience as there is no sand or seaweed to block the views. Also known as the Golden Horn beach, this beach can easily be considered one of the best beaches in Europe and also the best spot for windsurfing. All Croatia holidays that include a visit to this beautiful beach are sure to be the most memorable. The Zlatni Rat Beach is not a common beach. Many surfing schools are just a walk away from the beach to learn or to buy equipment.
- It courses of the river have a combination of two and three rapids along with intermittent peaceful green pools of tranquil water. The activity will be open for everybody above the age of 8 and from April to November when the river isn’t frozen. Rafting on the Cetina River is a 3-hour adrenaline rush that is sure to make your holiday in Croatia a memorable one. This is the second most popular adventure activity that continues to keep Split Croatia tourism very prosperous. You would have to bring a swimming suit, a towel, dry clothes to change into after the tour and drink water with you. Rafting in the protected area of the Cetina river canyon can be tried by both beginners and experienced.
- The major attraction of the island is the town of Korcula. The second best thing is to just ride a scooter or bicycle in the streets of the city. The first is the white wine tasting. There are a few things that you must not miss out on during your visit here. Be sure to book cheap package holidays to Croatia in July to take part in the town’s wine festival. It is filled with dense Aleppo pine woods, olive groves and vine-striped hills. The rumoured birthplace of Marco Polo is an ancient heavily walled city. Korcula is one of the greenest and sixth-largest Adriatic islands. To add more beauty to your Croatia package from India, just take up a local cooking class and put your skills to the test.
- The entrance fee for the museum is approx. The most amusing part is that you can easily find wedding parties happening in and around the museum. 5.20 EUR or 40 HRK per adult. Muzej prokinetic visa aka the Museum of Broken Relationships is one of the head-turning man-made experiences any Croatia tour package can offer. It is considered to be a place in public where intimate matters are discussed paving way for wounds to heal. It hosts both happy and sad mementos of many breakups. It is the capital city’s first-ever private museum and was opened in 2010 at this location. The museum is open on all days and is sure to be a very unique experience on your next Croatia vacation. Sandwiched between Saint Mark’s Church and Saint Catherine’s in Zagreb’s Upper Town, the museum is where failed love gets monumentalized. Founded by a Zagreb-based couple, a film producer, and a sculptor who parted ways post 4 years of being together, it is truly one of its kind.
- The cave gets its name since it glows blue at times during the day. The most popular of the 26 caves present on the island, the blue cave is 24m long and 12m deep. It only has a permanent population of 20 people and is home to the beautiful Modra Spilja or the Blue Cave. The visit to the attraction is majorly controlled by weather conditions and thus it is often suggested that it should be visited in the early hours of the day. The Bisevo Island is a 3-hour boat ride from the city of Split. The island is just off the southwestern tip of Vis and covers an area of 6 sq.
- The waterfalls at the Plitvice National Park are a wonder of nature and need to feature on your Croatia travel packages. The colour of the lakes can be seen to change from teal to turquoise to dark blue to black throughout the year. It is Southeast Europe’s oldest standing national park and can be best reached from Zadar, Zagreb and Split via bus. The visit includes an easy hike and the National park offers various trails to pick from. The UNESCO world heritage site consists of 16 lakes connected via waterfalls. The ticket to the park can be bought online and all the seasons except winter are a good time to visit this nature’s wonder. So you can either choose to explore the entire park or a part of it on your Croatia travel from India. The largest of the 8 national parks found in Croatia is truly mother nature at its finest.
What can I do in Croatia?
The most opportune things to do in Croatia would be to go trekking at one of the eight National Parks, surf at the Zlatni Rat Beach, understand the Game of thrones civilisation in naturalistic life, and go cycling in the townlet of Korcula at sunrise/sunset and documenting to the sea organ at Zagreb.
Can I do water sports activities in Croatia?
The ultimate water sports are Rafting on the Cetina River, Canoeing at the Cetina River Canyon, surfing at Zlatni Rat Beach, ziplining over the Crikvenica coast, Paragliding in Mount Cicarija and.
What should I not miss in Croatia?
The adventures that you should not miss in Croatia would be attending the Ocean organ at Zadar, visiting the Plitvice national park, or parties at Korcula, seeing the performance of klapa, a traditional acapella of Croatia and dwelling in the old town of Dubrovnik.
Is Croatia a Schengen country?
No, Croatia comes in Balkan Europe and does not come on the Schengen countries list.
Where is Game of Thrones shot in Croatia?
Game of Thrones was filmed in Dubrovnik which duplicated up as Monarchs disembarked on the mesh. Be foolproof to request your Lestacworld executive to add it while creating your Customised Croatia holiday packages.
When is the best time to visit Croatia?
The summer months from May to Late August is the most promising period to dwell in Croatia.
How many days in Croatia is enough?
7 Nights and 8 days is the most convenient duration for a vacation in Croatia.