About Osaka Giant Ferris Wheel
About Osaka Giant Ferris Wheel: Officially called as the Tempozan Ferris Wheel, the Giant Ferris Wheel in Osaka, Japan is also frequently known as the Redhorse Osaka Wheel. Both names refer to the same attraction. It is situated in the Tempozan Harbor Village, which is a well-known tourist destination on the waterfront of Osaka. The Tempozan Harbor Village is home to a variety of stores, restaurants, and other points of interest.
The Tempozan Ferris Wheel is 112.5 meters (369 feet) tall and includes passenger pods that offer 360-degree views of Osaka Bay and the surrounding area. It has a total passenger capacity of 60. One entire revolution of the Ferris Wheel takes about 17 minutes to accomplish.
One of the most famous monuments in Osaka is the Ferris Wheel, which was constructed in 1997 to celebrate the one hundredth anniversary of the establishment of the Osaka port. Since then, it has evolved into one of the city’s most iconic structures. At night, it is made visible from a considerable distance thanks to the brilliant neon lights that illuminate it.
The Tempozan Marketplace is a shopping and dining complex that is located adjacent to the Ferris Wheel in the Tempozan Harbor Village. The Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan is one of the largest aquariums in the world, and it is one of the other popular attractions that can be found in the Tempozan Harbor Village.
History time line of Osaka Giant Ferris Wheel
Here is a brief timeline of the history of the Tempozan Ferris Wheel, also known as the Giant Ferris Wheel Osaka:
- 1997: The Ferris Wheel is built in celebration of the 100th anniversary of the opening of the Osaka port.
- 1997: The Ferris Wheel opens to the public in July.
- 2016: The Ferris Wheel undergoes a renovation and is fitted with LED lights that can change colors, providing a more dramatic lighting display at night.
- 2017: The Ferris Wheel celebrates its 20th anniversary.
- 2020: The Ferris Wheel temporarily closes due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 2021: The Ferris Wheel reopens with new safety measures in place, including the installation of hand sanitizer dispensers and the use of air purifiers inside the passenger capsules.
Throughout its history, the Tempozan Ferris Wheel has remained a popular attraction in Osaka and has provided millions of visitors with stunning views of the city and the surrounding area.
How to reach Osaka Giant Ferris Wheel
Osaka, Japan is home to the Tempozan Ferris Wheel, sometimes referred to as the Giant Ferris Wheel Osaka. This attraction can be found in the Tempozan Harbor Village. The following are numerous routes that can be taken to access the attraction:
By train: If you are traveling by train, get off at Osakako Station using Exit 1 after taking the Osaka Metro Chuo Line. The Tempozan Harbor Village and the Ferris Wheel may both be reached on foot from there in a short amount of time.
By Bus : you can get to Tempozan Stop by taking the Osaka Municipal Bus #88 from either Osaka Station or Namba Station. The Tempozan Harbor Village and the Ferris Wheel may both be reached on foot from there in a short amount of time.
By ferry: When traveling by ferry, depart at Sakurajima Port and make your way to Tempozan Pier on the Osaka City Nanko Port Town Line Ferry. The Tempozan Harbor Village and the Ferris Wheel may both be reached on foot from there in a short amount of time.
By car: If you are traveling by car, there is a sizable parking area located close to Tempozan Harbor Village that guests can use to store their vehicles for a fee.
Once you have arrived to Tempozan Harbor Hamlet, the Ferris Wheel can be found close to the water and is clearly visible from many different points throughout the village.
Do's and Dont's at Osaka Giant Ferris Wheel
Here are some general do’s and don’ts to keep in mind when visiting the Tempozan Ferris Wheel, also known as the Giant Ferris Wheel Osaka:
- Do buy your tickets in advance if possible, especially during peak tourist season, to avoid long lines.
- Do arrive early to give yourself plenty of time to enjoy the Ferris Wheel and other attractions in Tempozan Harbor Village.
- Do bring a camera or phone to take photos of the stunning views from the top of the Ferris Wheel.
- Do follow the safety guidelines and instructions provided by the staff, especially when entering and exiting the passenger capsules.
- Do enjoy the scenery and take in the beautiful views of Osaka Bay and the surrounding area.
- Don’t bring large bags or luggage with you, as there is limited storage space in the passenger capsules.
- Don’t bring food or drinks onto the Ferris Wheel, as they are not allowed.
- Don’t rock the passenger capsule or engage in any other behavior that could be dangerous or disruptive.
- Don’t lean out of the passenger capsule or attempt to exit the capsule while the Ferris Wheel is in motion.
- Don’t visit the Ferris Wheel if you have a fear of heights or are prone to motion sickness.
Highlights of Osaka Giant Ferris Wheel
Osaka, Japan is home to a number of prominent tourist destinations, one of which is the Tempozan Ferris Wheel, commonly referred to as the Giant Ferris Wheel Osaka. This attraction provides visitors with breathtaking views over the city and the area in which it is located. The following is a list of some of the most exciting aspects of the Ferris Wheel:
Height: The Tempozan Ferris Wheel is one of the tallest Ferris wheels in the world with a height of 112.5 meters, which is equivalent to 369 ft.
Views: From the highest point of the Ferris wheel, tourists may take in breathtaking views of Osaka Bay, the skyline of the city, and the mountains that surround the city.
Lighting: The Ferris wheel has over 100,000 LED lights that can change colors, giving a mesmerizing light display when it is turned on at night.
Passenger capsules: There are a total of sixty passenger capsules on the Ferris wheel, and each one has the capacity to accommodate up to eight passengers. The voyage is made more enjoyable for passengers of all ages thanks to the capsules’ climate control and comfy seating arrangements.
Location: You can find the Ferris wheel in the Tempozan Harbor Village, which is also home to a number of other attractions, such as an aquarium, a retail mall, and a terminal for cruise ships.
In general, the Tempozan Ferris Wheel is an attraction that should not be missed when in Osaka. It provides guests with a one-of-a-kind and amazing experience along with beautiful views of the city and the surrounding area.