About Jerman Beach Bali
History timeline of Jerman Beach Bali
- Before the 20th century, Balinese people lived in the area of Tampaksiring where Jerman Beach is now. They made a living by farming and fishing.
- In the middle of the 20th century, books like “Island of Bali” by Miguel Covarrubias and the visits of celebrities like Charlie Chaplin and Noel Coward made Bali a popular place for Europeans and Americans to go on vacation.
- Jerman Beach in the 1960s and 1970s German tourists liked Bali so much that they named a beach there “Pantai Jerman” (German Beach).
- In the 1980s, Bali’s tourism industry kept growing, and each year, more and more people from other countries came to visit. Only a few local cafes and guesthouses served tourists at Jerman Beach in Bali, so it stayed a relatively unknown and quiet place.
- Jerman Beach in the 2000s Bali stayed a popular place to surf, and many surf schools and shops opened there. But, compared to other parts of Bali, the beach was still not very developed.
- In the 2010s, tourists and travel bloggers started to pay more attention to Jerman Beach in Bali. They liked how quiet and peaceful it was there. Some new guesthouses and villas were built in the area so that travelers could stay there.
- In 2021, in Jerman Beach there was built a statue of Baruna (The God of Sky, Water and Ocean), usually spelled as “Varuna’ in Indian Mythology.
- Today in Jerman Beach Bali is still a quiet, remote place with only a few cafes and guesthouses for tourists. Surfers and people who want to get away from the crowds at the island’s more popular tourist spots like to hang out at this beach.
Hotels Near Jerman Beach, Bali
Below is the list of Hotels near Jerman Beach-
- Sulis Hotel & Spa
- Ramayna Hotel
- Fairfield by marriott
- Discovery kartika Plaza
- Kuta Paradiso
- Swiss Bel Tuban
Activities that can be done in Jerman Beach
- Surfing: Bali is famous for its world-class surfing spots, and many beaches offer surfboard rentals and lessons. Jerman beach is one of the beach where surfing can be done.
- Yoga and meditation: Bali is also known for its spiritual and wellness culture, and many beachfront resorts offer yoga and meditation classes.On Jerman beach also, they organise many Yoga activities.
- Sunbathing: Bali’s sunny weather and warm temperatures make it a perfect destination for sunbathing and relaxing on the beach.You can be at Jerman beach for Sun Bathing with very little crowd near by.
Frequently Asked questions about Jerman beach ?
Is it worth Visiting Jerman beach ?
Jerman beach is a less crowded blue water beach.It will be amazing to have a walk, around the waves. There is also an amazing statue built of Varuna (Baruna) on the beach. Airport runway can be easily seen from the beach.If you want to spend time in a less crowded clean beach, then it is totally worth to stay in Jerman beach.
Are there shacks on Jerman beach ?
The beach is not filled with Shacks or sunbathing benches, you will see very few. However there are few vendors sitting at the entrance of the beach offering beers, coconut water and many other things to eat.
Can i do water sports at Jerman Beach ?
No, there are no water sports option at Jerman beach.
Is there a parking at Jerman beach ?
Yes, there is a parking at Jerman beach.The cost of Parking for bike is 2000 Indonesian Rupiah and for car it is 5000 Indonesian Rupiah.
Can i fly drone at Jerman beach ?
One can fly drone in Jerman beach, however with hieght restrictions. Jerman beach is just near the Bali Airports runway, and the near by area is always at Surveillance.
What is the cost of Beer at Jerman beach ?
The cost of Beer at Jerman beach is 30,000 Indonesian Rupiah.
What is the cost of Coconut water at Jerman Beach ?
The cost of coconut water at Jerman beach ranges from 25000-35000 30,000 Indonesian Rupiah, depending on your negotiation skills.