About Waterbom Bali
Waterbom Bali is a popular water park located in Kuta, Bali, Indonesia. Since it opened in 1993, it has become one of the best places to visit in Bali, both for tourists and for people who live there.
The water park has many different water slides, from the calm Lazy River to the exciting Climax, which drops 16 meters. The Superbowl, the Pipeline, and the Twin Racers are also very popular.
In addition to the water slides, Waterbom Bali has a wave pool, a place for kids to play, and many places to eat and drink. The park is known for its lush, tropical landscaping, which offers a lot of shade and makes it a nice place to relax.
Waterbom Bali has won a lot of awards for how it looks, how safe it is, and how it treats the environment. It is open every day from 9 am to 6 pm, and people can buy tickets online or at the entrance to the park.
Also, read – Travel Guide to Bali
History timeline of Waterbom Bali
Here is a brief timeline of the history of Waterbom Bali:
- 1993: Waterbom Bali opens its doors as a small water park with just a few slides.
- 1999: Waterbom Bali undergoes a major expansion, adding new slides and attractions, and becoming the largest water park in Bali.
- 2002: The park introduces the world’s first “water roller coaster,” called the Python.
- 2006: Waterbom Bali wins the Best Water Park in Asia award at the Asian Attractions Expo in Hong Kong.
- 2011: The park introduces the world’s first “smashdown” water slide, called the Climax.
- 2012: Waterbom Bali becomes the first water park in Asia to receive the EarthCheck Gold Certification for its sustainable tourism practices.
- 2017: The park completes a major renovation, adding new slides, attractions, and facilities, and winning the Best Water Park in Asia award for the second time.
- 2020: Waterbom Bali temporarily closes due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but reopens later in the year with enhanced safety protocols and hygiene measures in place.
- 2023: Waterbom is operating with full flow
Activities in Waterbom Bali
Waterbom Bali offers a variety of activities for visitors of all ages, including:
- Water slides: Waterbom Bali has over 20 water slides of varying degrees of intensity, from gentle slides for young children to adrenaline-pumping rides for thrill-seekers.
- Wave pool: The park’s wave pool generates waves of up to 1.5 meters, providing a fun and refreshing experience for swimmers.
- Lazy river: Visitors can float down the park’s gentle lazy river on inflatable tubes, taking in the scenery and enjoying the relaxing ride.
- Kids’ area: Waterbom Bali has a dedicated area for young children, with smaller water slides, fountains, and interactive water features.
- Dining options: The park has several dining options, from fast food outlets to sit-down restaurants serving a range of local and international cuisine.
- Spa services: Visitors can indulge in a range of spa treatments, including massages, facials, and reflexology, for a relaxing break from the water activities.
- Cabana rentals: Waterbom Bali offers cabanas for rent, providing a private and comfortable base for families or groups to relax and recharge between activities.
- Swimming lessons: The park offers swimming lessons for children and adults, taught by certified instructors.
- Events and parties: Waterbom Bali hosts a range of events and parties throughout the year, including birthday parties, corporate events, and special holiday celebrations.
Food Options in Waterbom Bali
Waterbom Bali offers a variety of food options to cater to different tastes and dietary preferences. Here are some of the food options available in the park:
- The Shack: This is a fast-food restaurant that serves burgers, hot dogs, fries, and other quick bites.
- Thaitalian: This restaurant offers a fusion of Thai and Italian cuisine, with dishes such as pad thai, pizza, and pasta.
- The Sunken Pool Bar: This is a poolside bar that serves cocktails, beers, and other refreshing beverages.
- The Wantilan: This restaurant serves Indonesian and Balinese cuisine, including nasi goreng, satay, and gado-gado.
- The Bali Banana: This snack bar serves banana fritters, smoothies, and other fruit-based treats.
- Warung BBQ: This restaurant offers grilled meats, seafood, and vegetables, as well as a salad bar.
- The Beach Shack: This restaurant serves seafood, salads, sandwiches, and other light meals, with a beachside view.
- The Deli: This is a bakery and coffee shop that serves sandwiches, pastries, and coffee.
In addition to these options, there are also several other snack bars and food carts located throughout the park, offering a variety of snacks, ice creams, and refreshments.