Is April the right time to visit Japan
Is April the right time to visit Japan – The month of April is considered to be one of the greatest seasons to travel to Japan, particularly for travelers who are interested in witnessing the world-famous cherry blossom season. The majority of Japan experiences pleasant and temperate weather throughout the month of April. At the same time, the cherry blossom trees achieve their full blooming potential, turning the landscape of the country into a breathtaking sea of pink and white petals. The month of April is an excellent time to take part in a variety of outdoor activities, such as going on hikes, touring gardens, and going to fairs and festivals. However, because April is the height of the tourist season in Japan, it is very necessary to make plans and reservations in advance in order to obtain lodging and avoid the throng.
Because of the breathtaking cherry blossom displays that can be seen all around Japan in the month of April, this is one of the most popular times of year to travel to Japan. The cherry blossom season, sometimes called “sakura season,” normally begins in late March and lasts through early May, with the peak bloom occurring anywhere from early to middle of April, depending on the area and the weather conditions. During this time of year, people from all over the world, both residents and visitors, make their way to parks, gardens, and other public spaces to take in the breathtaking view of cherry blossoms in full bloom.
In addition to being the best month to see the cherry blossoms, April is also a wonderful time to travel across the rest of Japan. The weather is pleasant and temperate, with temperatures averaging between 15 and 20 degrees Celsius (59 and 68 degrees Fahrenheit) across much of the country. Hiking, going to outdoor attractions like gardens and theme parks, and attending a variety of different festivals and events are all wonderful things to do during this time of year.
The Tokyo International Anime Fair, the Kyoto Grand Tea Ceremony, the Kanamara Matsuri (Festival of the Steel Phallus), and the Takayama Festival are just few of the well-attended celebrations and events that take place throughout the month of April. While April is the height of the tourist season in Japan, it is vital to keep in mind that popular places and attractions may become congested during this time. As a result, it is absolutely necessary to make a plan and make reservations in advance in order to avoid any disappointments or difficulties.
Things to do in Japan during April
April is a fantastic time to visit Japan, with plenty of things to see and do. Here are some of the top things to do in Japan during April:
- Cherry blossom viewing: The cherry blossoms reach their peak bloom in April, and there are many places throughout Japan to witness this beautiful sight. Some popular cherry blossom viewing spots include Tokyo’s Ueno Park and Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden, Kyoto’s Philosopher’s Path and Maruyama Park, and Osaka Castle Park.
- Attend a festival: April is festival season in Japan, and there are many traditional festivals and events to experience. Some popular festivals include the Kanamara Matsuri (Festival of the Steel Phallus) in Kawasaki, the Takayama Festival in Hida Takayama, and the Miyako Odori Geisha Dance in Kyoto.
- Visit a temple or shrine: Japan is home to many beautiful temples and shrines, and April is an excellent time to visit them. Some popular temples and shrines to visit include Sensoji Temple in Tokyo, Kiyomizu-dera Temple in Kyoto, and Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima Island.
- Go hiking: April is an excellent time for hiking in Japan, with mild weather and beautiful scenery. Some popular hiking spots include Mount Fuji, the Kumano Kodo pilgrimage trail, and the Nakasendo Trail.
- Experience Japanese cuisine: Japan is renowned for its delicious cuisine, and there are many food-related activities to experience in April. You can attend a sushi-making class, try some local street food at a festival, or take a food tour in one of Japan’s many culinary destinations, such as Osaka or Fukuoka.
- Visit a theme park: Japan has many world-famous theme parks, such as Tokyo Disneyland and Universal Studios Japan. April is a great time to visit them, as the weather is mild and the crowds are not as large as during peak tourist season.
Overall, April is an excellent time to visit Japan, with plenty of cultural, natural, and culinary experiences to enjoy.
Weather of different regions of Japan During April
The weather in Japan during April is mild and comfortable, with temperatures ranging from around 10°C to 20°C (50°F to 68°F) across most regions. However, the climate can vary depending on the location in Japan, with some regions experiencing warmer or cooler temperatures and varying amounts of rainfall. Here’s a breakdown of the weather in different regions of Japan during April:
- Tokyo: April is a great time to visit Tokyo, with mild and comfortable temperatures ranging from around 12°C to 19°C (54°F to 66°F). The city experiences occasional rain showers during this time, but overall it’s a relatively dry month.
- Kyoto: Kyoto is another popular destination during April, with comfortable temperatures ranging from around 10°C to 19°C (50°F to 66°F). The city is known for its beautiful cherry blossoms, but also experiences occasional rain showers during this time.
- Hokkaido: Hokkaido is Japan’s northernmost island and experiences cooler temperatures during April, with average highs ranging from around 6°C to 12°C (43°F to 54°F). The island is known for its winter sports and outdoor activities, and some ski resorts may still be open during April.
- Okinawa: Okinawa is Japan’s southernmost prefecture and experiences warm temperatures during April, with average highs ranging from around 22°C to 25°C (72°F to 77°F). The region is known for its beautiful beaches and outdoor activities, and April is an excellent time to enjoy these attractions before the hot and humid summer season arrives.
- Hiroshima: Hiroshima is a popular destination for history and culture, and April is an excellent time to visit with mild temperatures ranging from around 10°C to 19°C (50°F to 66°F). The city experiences occasional rain showers during this time, but overall it’s a relatively dry month.
Overall, Japan in April has mild and comfortable temperatures, making it an ideal time to enjoy various outdoor activities, cultural experiences, and natural attractions. However, it’s essential to keep in mind that weather conditions can vary, and it’s always a good idea to check the forecast before traveling.
List of festivals in April in Japan
Here are some popular festivals in Japan that take place in April:
- Kanamara Matsuri (Festival of the Steel Phallus) in Kawasaki, Kanagawa
- Takayama Festival in Hida Takayama, Gifu
- Miyako Odori Geisha Dance in Kyoto
- Yayoi Festival in Nikko, Tochigi
- Kitano Tenmangu Shrine Plum Blossom Festival in Kyoto
- Sendai Pageant of Starlight in Sendai, Miyagi
- Nihonbashi Sakura Festival in Tokyo
- Omizutori (Water-Drawing) Festival in Nara
- Sakura Matsuri (Cherry Blossom Festival) in Hirosaki, Aomori
- Saga Sakura Namahage in Ogi, Saga
Frequently asked questions to travel to Japan in April
What is the weather like in Japan during April?
What are the top things to do in Japan during April?
Are there any festivals or events in Japan during April?
Is April a busy tourist season in Japan?
Is it necessary to pack warm clothing for traveling to Japan in April?
9 days Japan Tour Package
8 days Japan Tour Package
4 nights Japan Tour Package