Areas of Tokyo should tourists stay
Visitors from all over the world go to see the vibrant metropolis that serves as Japan’s capital and economic powerhouse, Tokyo. There is something for every kind of traveler to do and see in Tokyo, thanks to the city’s extensive cultural history, striking modern architecture, mouthwatering cuisine, and countless entertainment opportunities. Yet, because there are so many different areas to pick from, it can be difficult for first-time tourists to make a decision about where to stay.
In this post, we will discuss some of the top residential neighborhoods in Tokyo that are ideal for visitors to the city. Every district in Tokyo has its own own atmosphere and set of points of interest, from the flashing neon signs of Shinjuku to the ancient temples of Asakusa. In this section, we will present a summary of each neighborhood, including its most notable features, available modes of transit, and various lodging alternatives. There is a district in Tokyo that will cater to your requirements, regardless of whether you are looking for shopping, a lively nightlife, cultural experiences, or culinary delights.
In addition, we will provide guidance and recommendations for selecting the ideal location for your stay, taking into account your available funds, the activities you have planned, and your overall trip objectives. In every area, there is a diverse selection of possible places to stay, ranging from hostels that are favorable to one’s wallet to hotels that are the height of luxury. Using this guide, you will have the ability to make an educated selection and select the ideal home base from which to launch your exploration of Tokyo.
List of Areas of Tokyo where tourist should stay
List of hotels in Shinjuku
List of restaurants in Shinjuku
List of hotels in Shibuya
List of restaurants in Shinuya
Here are some restaurants in Shibuya, Tokyo:
- Afuri Ramen – famous for its light and refreshing Yuzu-shio ramen (a citrus-based clear broth), along with other delicious ramen options.
- Han no Daidokoro – a popular izakaya-style restaurant that serves a variety of Japanese dishes, including grilled skewers, sashimi, and hot pot.
- Uobei – a popular sushi restaurant with a unique ordering system that allows you to use a touch screen to select and order your sushi.
- Maisen – known for its crispy and juicy Tonkatsu (breaded and deep-fried pork cutlet), which is served with rice, miso soup, and other side dishes.
- Shabuzen – a restaurant that specializes in shabu-shabu, a Japanese hot pot dish that involves cooking thinly sliced meat and vegetables in a pot of boiling broth.
- Genki Sushi – a popular conveyor-belt sushi restaurant, where you can grab fresh sushi off the conveyor belt as it passes by your table.
- Shibuya Motsunabe Yamaya – a restaurant that specializes in Motsunabe, a hot pot dish made with beef or pork offal and vegetables in a flavorful broth.
- Sarabeth’s – an American-style restaurant that serves brunch, burgers, sandwiches, and other comfort food.
- Kaikaya by the Sea – a seafood restaurant that serves fresh fish and shellfish in a casual and lively atmosphere.
- Gonpachi – a restaurant inspired by traditional Japanese architecture, with a wide variety of Japanese cuisine, including sushi, grilled meats, and tempura.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, and there are many other great restaurants in Shibuya as well.
List of hotels in Asakusa
List of restaurants in Asakusa
List of hotels in Roppongi
Here is a list of some 3 to 5-star hotels in Roppongi:
- Hotel Arca Torre Roppongi
- APA Hotel Roppongi Itchome Ekimae
- Hotel Asia Center of Japan
- Grand Hyatt Tokyo
- The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo
- Hotel Okura Tokyo
- Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills
- The Tokyo EDITION, Toranomon
- The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho
List of restaurants in Roppongi
List of hotels in Ginza
Here is a list of some 3 to 5-star hotels in Ginza:
- Remm Hibiya
- Ginza Capital Hotel Main Building
- Hotel Monterey Ginza
- Daiichi Hotel Tokyo
- Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza-gochome
- The Peninsula Tokyo
- The Tokyo Station Hotel
- Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo
- Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi
List of restaurants in Ginza
List of hotels in Akihabara
Here are some restaurants in Akihabara, Tokyo:
- Daiki Suisan – a restaurant that specializes in seafood, particularly grilled and fried fish, with a focus on using fresh and locally sourced ingredients.
- Menya Musashi – a ramen restaurant that serves a variety of different broths and toppings, with a focus on rich and flavorful Tonkotsu ramen.
- Kanda Yabu Soba – a soba noodle restaurant that has been serving traditional Japanese noodles since 1880, with a focus on using high-quality buckwheat flour and a simple yet delicious broth.
- Yakiniku Like – a Korean-style barbecue restaurant that serves a variety of different meats, including beef, pork, and chicken, with a range of dipping sauces and sides.
- Sabar – a restaurant that serves a variety of different Japanese-style skewers, including yakitori (grilled chicken skewers) and kushiyaki (grilled meat and vegetable skewers).
- Pizza Salvatore Cuomo – a pizzeria that serves authentic Neapolitan-style pizza, with a focus on using fresh and high-quality ingredients and a wood-fired oven.
- Nagomi – a restaurant that serves a variety of different Japanese dishes, including sushi, tempura, and soba noodles, with a focus on using seasonal and locally sourced ingredients.
- Ichiran – a ramen restaurant that offers a unique dining experience, with individual booths and a customisable menu that allows diners to choose the broth strength, noodle texture, and other options.
- Denny’s – a popular American-style diner that offers a wide range of dishes, from breakfast items to burgers and sandwiches, with a Japanese twist.
- Coco Ichibanya – a chain restaurant that specializes in Japanese-style curry, with a variety of toppings and spice levels to choose from.
List of restaurants in Akihabara
List of hotels in Ueno
Here are some 3 to 5-star hotels in Ueno:
- Ueno Hotel
- Hotel Sardonyx Ueno
- APA Hotel Okachimachieki-Kita S
- Hotel Parkside Tokyo
- The Tokyo Station Hotel Annex
- Mitsui Garden Hotel Ueno
- The Peninsula Tokyo
- Palace Hotel Tokyo
- Mandarin Oriental Tokyo
List of restaurants in Ueno
List of hotels in Harajuku
List of restaurants in Harajuku
Frequently asked questions about tourist stay in Tokyo ?
What is the best area to stay in Tokyo?
What is the average cost of a hotel room in Tokyo?
What are some budget-friendly options for accommodations in Tokyo?
What are some must-visit tourist attractions in Tokyo?
Is it safe to stay in Tokyo as a tourist?