About Kouri Bridge View Point
The Kouri Bridge View Point is a well-known tourist spot that can be found on the Japanese island of Kouri, which is included in the Okinawa Prefecture. The vantage point provides breathtaking views of the scenery in the surrounding area, including the sea, the beach, and the islands that are close by.
Kouri Bridge is a long, curved bridge that spans the water between Kouri Island and Yagaji Island. The bridge connects Yagaji Island and Kouri Island. Because of its need to endure typhoons and other severe weather conditions, the bridge represents a significant achievement in the field of engineering.
Visitors can park their vehicles at the view point and then stroll across the bridge to take in the breathtaking vistas of the ocean and the islands that are in the surrounding area. The sights that can be seen from the very top of the bridge are particularly breathtaking. Visitors will be able to glimpse the crystal clear waters of the East China Sea as well as the white sand beaches of Kouri Island.
In addition to the sights, the Kouri Bridge View Point features a wide selection of stores and restaurants, where guests can purchase mementos or eat a meal while taking in the sights. During the warmer months of the year, when visitors may enjoy swimming in the sea and lounging on the sand at their leisure, the region sees an increase in tourism activity and foot traffic.
In general, the Kouri Bridge View Point is a location that every tourist to the Okinawa Prefecture should make an effort to see. It provides guests of any age with an experience that is one of a kind and one that they will never forget, thanks to its breathtaking vistas as well as its lovely boutiques and restaurants.
History timeline of Kouri Bridge
The following is a brief history timeline of Kouri Bridge View Point:
- 1988: Construction of the Kouri Bridge begins to connect Kouri Island and Yagaji Island.
- 2005: The Kouri Bridge is completed and officially opened to the public.
- 2006: The Kouri Bridge View Point is established, offering visitors a place to stop and take in the panoramic views of the surrounding landscape.
- 2012: The Kouri Ocean Tower, a 25-meter observation tower, is opened near the Kouri Bridge View Point, offering even more stunning views of the ocean and nearby islands.
- 2014: The Kouri Bridge is featured in the Japanese drama “Ama-chan,” which increases its popularity among tourists.
- 2016: A new restaurant and souvenir shop are opened at the Kouri Bridge View Point, offering visitors even more options for food and shopping.
- 2020: Kouri Island, including the Kouri Bridge View Point, is temporarily closed to visitors due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It later reopens with safety measures in place.
Today, Kouri Bridge View Point remains a popular destination for tourists visiting the Okinawa Prefecture, offering stunning views of the ocean and a glimpse into the engineering marvel that is the Kouri Bridge.
How to reach Kouri Bridge View Point
The Kouri Bridge View Point can be found on Kouri Island, which is situated inside Okinawa Prefecture in the Japanese island nation of Japan. The following is a list of the primary routes that lead to the vantage point:
By car: Driving to Kouri Bridge View Point is the least time-consuming and most convenient option. Kouri Island is around a two-hour drive from Naha, the prefectural capital of Okinawa, and may be reached by car in that amount of time. Cars can be rented from a number of different rental car firms, some of which are located at Naha Airport and others in the city center. After arriving on Kouri Island, guests have the option of driving across the Kouri Bridge and parking at the Kouri Bridge View Point.
By bus: Visitors also have the option of traveling to Kouri Island by bus, which departs from Naha. The duration of the bus travel ranges anywhere between two and three hours, depending on the timetable and the route. After arriving on Kouri Island, guests have the option of taking a taxi to the Kouri Bridge View Point or walking there on their own.
By tour: It is possible to see Kouri Island and the Kouri Bridge View Point by taking a tour through one of the many tour companies that operate in the area. These tours often include of transportation, entry fees, and a guide who is knowledgeable about the region and can provide further information about it.
Statistics of Kouri Bridge
- Length: 1,960 meters (6,430 feet)
- Height: 20 meters (66 feet) above sea level
- Width: 11.3 meters (37 feet)
- Number of lanes: 2
- Construction period: 1988-2005
- Construction cost: Approximately 14.4 billion yen (equivalent to around 130 million US dollars at the time)
- Engineering feat: The Kouri Bridge is designed to withstand extreme weather conditions, such as typhoons and strong winds. It is also built to resist corrosion from saltwater exposure.
- Views: The Kouri Bridge offers panoramic views of the ocean and surrounding landscape, including the beaches of Kouri Island and nearby islands.
- Popularity: The Kouri Bridge has become a popular tourist destination in the Okinawa Prefecture, especially since it was featured in the Japanese drama “Ama-chan” in 2014.
- Safety measures: The Kouri Bridge is equipped with guardrails, lighting, and other safety features to ensure the safety of drivers and pedestrians.
Highlights of Kouri Bridge
The Kouri Bridge in the Okinawa Prefecture is an incredible work of engineering that has also become a famous tourist site. It provides tourists with beautiful views and the opportunity to explore the area around the bridge. The following are some of the most notable features of Kouri Bridge:
Scenic drive: The journey across the Kouri Bridge is an adventure in and of itself, since it provides drivers with breathtaking panoramas of the sea and the land around them. The bridge is a popular site for taking photos and enjoying the view.
Kouri Ocean Tower: In close proximity to the Kouri Bridge View Point is the Kouri Ocean Tower, which is a 25-meter observation tower that provides visitors with even more breathtaking views of the ocean and the islands in the area. Visitors have the opportunity to climb the tower.
Kouri Beach: Visitors may explore Kouri Beach, which is located on the other side of the Kouri Bridge. This beach is known for its white sand and crystal clear seas, and it is a popular spot for activities such as swimming, sunbathing, and water sports.
Okinawan culture: Visitors can also discover the native culture of the Okinawa Prefecture while on Kouri Island, including traditional crafts, music, and food.
Souvenirs and locally produced goods: At the Kouri Bridge View Point, visitors can shop for souvenirs and locally produced goods such as Okinawan candies, handicrafts, and locally created apparel.
Overall, the Kouri Bridge and surrounding area offer a unique blend of natural beauty, engineering wonders, and local culture that make it a must-see site for anybody visiting the Okinawa Prefecture.