About Nunobiki Herb Garden
Nunobiki Herb Garden is a beautiful botanical garden located on the slopes of Mount Rokko in Kobe, Japan. It covers an area of approximately 8 hectares and is one of the largest herb gardens in Japan. Here are some more details about the garden:
- History: Nunobiki Herb Garden was established in 1995 and is part of the larger Rokko Alpine Botanical Garden, which was founded in 1933. The garden was created with the aim of introducing visitors to the beauty and health benefits of herbs.
- Location: The garden is located on the southern slopes of Mount Rokko, in the Kitano district of Kobe. It is easily accessible by cable car, which departs from Shin-Kobe Station, or by foot, for those who enjoy hiking.
- Features: Nunobiki Herb Garden is home to over 75,000 herb plants and 200 varieties of herbs from around the world. Visitors can explore various themed gardens, such as the English Garden, the French Garden, and the Japanese Garden. There are also several greenhouses, including a tropical greenhouse and a Mediterranean greenhouse, as well as a shop selling herbal products and a restaurant serving herbal cuisine.
- Seasonal highlights: The garden is open all year round, and each season brings its own highlights. In the spring, visitors can enjoy the cherry blossoms and tulips, while in the summer, the garden is filled with colorful flowers and fragrant herbs. Autumn is a particularly beautiful time to visit, with the changing leaves of the trees and the vibrant hues of the chrysanthemums. In the winter, the garden is decorated with lights for a magical winter illumination event.
- Views: From Nunobiki Herb Garden, visitors can enjoy stunning views of Kobe, Osaka Bay, and the surrounding mountains. There are several observation points throughout the garden that provide panoramic views of the city and harbor.
Nunobiki Herb Garden is a must-visit destination for anyone who loves nature, flowers, and herbs, and it offers a peaceful escape from the bustle of the city.
History time line of Nunobiki Herb Garden
How to reach Nunobiki Herb Garden
The Nunobiki Herb Garden is found in Kobe, Japan, on the lower slopes of Mount Rokko, and visitors can get there either by foot or by taking a cable car. The following is information regarding how to go to the garden:
Ropeway cable car from Shin-Kobe Station : Taking the Nunobiki Ropeway cable car from Shin-Kobe Station is the best and most convenient way to get to the Nunobiki Herb Garden. This is the easiest and most convenient method to get there. The garden may be reached on foot in about ten minutes from there. The cable car departs approximately every 10 to 15 minutes, and the one-way price for adults is approximately 1,500 yen.
on foot : It is possible to access Nunobiki Herb Garden on foot for those individuals who take pleasure in going on hikes. The garden may be reached on foot in approximately half an hour along a path that is clearly designated and is situated approximately 1.5 kilometers away from Shin-Kobe Station. Because the terrain is relatively steep and can be challenging, it is recommended that you bring water with you and wear shoes that are comfortable.
By Car: Driving to Nunobiki Herb Garden is an option, however visitors should be aware that parking may be difficult to come by and costly. There is a tiny parking area at the base of the cable car station, although it is prone to becoming full very fast, particularly on the weekends and on holidays.
There is a ticket office at the garden, which can be found once you have arrived there. You can buy admission tickets there. The garden is accessible at all times of the year and is open throughout a range of varied hours according to the different seasons. It is highly recommended that you look up the most recent information on the garden’s hours of operation and entry pricing on the website of the garden.
Do's and Dont's at Nunobiki Herb Garden
Highlights of Nunobiki Herb Garden
Nunobiki Herb Garden is a beautiful and serene natural attraction located on the slopes of Mount Rokko in Kobe, Japan. Here are some of the highlights that make Nunobiki Herb Garden a must-see destination:
- The beautiful gardens: The garden boasts a wide variety of flowers and herbs, which are arranged in several themed gardens, including the European Garden, the Asian Garden, and the English Garden. The gardens are carefully tended to and provide stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
- The cable car ride: The garden can be reached by a scenic cable car ride from Shin-Kobe Station, which offers panoramic views of the city and the mountains.
- The herb shop: The garden has an on-site shop where visitors can purchase a wide variety of herbal products, including teas, oils, and cosmetics. The shop also sells fresh herbs and flowers, as well as souvenirs.
- The restaurant: The garden has a restaurant that serves a variety of dishes made with fresh herbs and ingredients grown on-site. The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating, and offers stunning views of the city and the mountains.
- The seasonal events: Nunobiki Herb Garden hosts several seasonal events throughout the year, including a lavender festival, a rose festival, and a winter illumination event. These events feature special exhibitions, performances, and activities that are designed to enhance the visitor experience.
- The panoramic views: The garden offers panoramic views of the city of Kobe and the surrounding mountains, making it a great spot for taking photos and enjoying the natural beauty of the area.
Overall, Nunobiki Herb Garden is a must-visit destination for nature lovers, herb enthusiasts, and anyone looking for a peaceful and beautiful retreat in the heart of Kobe.