About Wanagiri Hills
In the Indonesian island of Bali, Wanagiri Hills is one of the most well-known places to visit by tourists. It is situated in the northern region of the island of Bali, close to both the Buyan Lake and the Tamblingan Lake. In the language used in the area, “Wanagiri” literally translates to “hill of the forest.”
The primary feature of Wanagiri Hills is the beautiful overlook that offers amazing views of the surrounding area. Tourists can also enjoy a range of activities such as zip-lining, swings, and bird’s nests to take pictures in, and snap photos with the Bali Swing or the enormous bird’s nest.
In addition, there are various Instagram-worthy sites in Wanagiri Hills that are great for snapping shots, such as the iconic Bali Gates, which are big wooden gates with a view of the mountains in the background. Overall, Wanagiri Hills is a terrific destination to visit for anyone looking for breathtaking views and outdoor activities in Bali.
The region of Wanagiri Hills, which can be found in the central highlands of Bali, is well-known for its verdant vegetation, undulating hills, and breathtaking vistas of the surrounding area. The area’s natural beauty as well as the variety of activities that can be enjoyed here have helped to make it quite popular among tourists.
The Bali Swing is often ranked as one of the most popular attractions in the Wanagiri Hills area. The Bali Swing is a gigantic swing that is suspended high above the trees. It offers guests an exhilarating ride as well as breathtaking views of the jungle below. In addition to the bird’s nest swing and the human-sized birdcage, the area also features a number of additional swings and photo op locations, such as the human-sized birdcage and the bird’s nest swing.
Places to see at Wanagiri Hills
Wanagiri Hills is a beautiful area in Bali that offers stunning natural scenery and many attractions that are popular with tourists. Here are some of the top places to see in Wanagiri Hills:
- Bali Swing: The Bali Swing is one of the most popular attractions in Wanagiri Hills. It is a giant swing that is suspended high above the trees and offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- Twin Lakes Viewpoint: The Twin Lakes Viewpoint is located on a hilltop and provides visitors with panoramic views of the Buyan and Tamblingan lakes, surrounded by lush forests and mountains.
- Bird’s Nests and Human-sized Birdcage: These are unique photo spots that are perfect for taking Instagram-worthy pictures. Visitors can pose in a bird’s nest or a human-sized birdcage while enjoying the beautiful views of the area.
- Bali Gates: The Bali Gates are large wooden gates that offer a beautiful view of the mountains in the background. It’s a great spot for taking photos and enjoying the natural beauty of Wanagiri Hills.
- Zip-lining: Visitors can enjoy zip-lining through the lush forests of Wanagiri Hills. It’s a thrilling experience that offers a unique perspective of the area.
Exact location of Wanagiri Hills
Wanagiri Hills is located in the northern part of Bali, Indonesia, near the Buyan Lake and the Tamblingan Lake. The exact location of Wanagiri Hills is in Wanagiri Village, Sukasada District, Buleleng Regency, Bali, Indonesia. If you are using GPS or a map application, you can search for “Wanagiri Hills Bali” or enter the following coordinates: -8.253017, 115.124359.
Important facts about Wanagiri Hills
Here are some important facts about Wanagiri Hills:
- Wanagiri Hills is a popular tourist destination located in the northern part of Bali, Indonesia.
- The name “Wanagiri” means “hill of the forest” in the local language.
- Wanagiri Hills is known for its stunning natural scenery, including rolling hills, lush forests, and beautiful lakes.
- One of the most popular attractions in Wanagiri Hills is the Bali Swing, a giant swing that offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- Other popular attractions in Wanagiri Hills include the Twin Lakes Viewpoint, bird’s nests, human-sized birdcages, zip-lining, and Bali Gates.
- Wanagiri Hills is located about 2.5 hours’ drive from Bali’s main tourist hub, Kuta.
- The best time to visit Wanagiri Hills is during the dry season, which runs from April to September.
- Wanagiri Hills is a popular spot for photography, with many Instagram-worthy spots throughout the area.
- The local people in Wanagiri Village are mostly farmers, and the area is known for its agriculture, including coffee, cloves, and other crops.
- Wanagiri Hills is a relatively new tourist destination, with many of the attractions developed in recent years to cater to visitors.
Restaurants in Wanagiri Hills
Although the area near Wanagiri hills is not as developed as some other tourist destinations in Bali, there are still some great restaurants and eateries to enjoy. Here are some of the top restaurants in Wanagiri Hills:
- Warung Subak: This restaurant offers a beautiful view of the rice fields and serves delicious Indonesian cuisine, including satay, nasi goreng, and mie goreng.
- The Jungle Bali Restaurant: Located near the Bali Swing, this restaurant serves a range of dishes, including Indonesian, Western, and vegetarian options.
- The Lookout Restaurant and Bar: This restaurant is located near the Twin Lakes Viewpoint and offers stunning views of the lakes and surrounding forests. The menu includes Indonesian and Western dishes, as well as a variety of drinks.
- The Pond Restaurant: This restaurant is located near the Bali Swing and serves Indonesian and Western cuisine. It also offers a beautiful view of the surrounding forests and hills.
- Damar Terrace: Located within the Damar Village Resort, this restaurant serves Indonesian and Western cuisine and offers a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere.
Best way to plan your day at Wanagiri Hills
To plan your day at Wanagiri Hills, it’s best to start by deciding which attractions you want to visit and the activities you want to do. Here’s a sample itinerary to help you plan your day:
- Bali Swing: Start your day by visiting the Bali Swing, which opens at 8:00 am. You can enjoy the swing and take some stunning photos of the surrounding landscape.
- Twin Lakes Viewpoint: After the Bali Swing, head to the Twin Lakes Viewpoint, which is located about 10 minutes away. Take in the panoramic views of the Buyan and Tamblingan lakes and enjoy the fresh mountain air.
- Lunch: Grab some lunch at one of the nearby restaurants, such as Warung Subak or The Jungle Bali Restaurant.
- Bird’s Nests and Human-sized Birdcage: After lunch, visit the unique photo spots of the bird’s nests and human-sized birdcage for some Instagram-worthy photos.
- Zip-lining: If you’re feeling adventurous, try zip-lining through the lush forests of Wanagiri Hills.
- Bali Gates: Before leaving Wanagiri Hills, visit the Bali Gates to take some more beautiful photos and enjoy the natural beauty of the area.
- Return to your accommodation: Leave Wanagiri Hills and head back to your accommodation in Bali.
Do's and Dont's at Wanagiri Hills
- Do respect the local culture and customs, such as dressing modestly when entering temples or other religious sites.
- Do bring a camera to capture the stunning natural beauty of Wanagiri Hills.
- Do stay hydrated and bring water with you as the area can get hot and humid.
- Do wear comfortable shoes as some attractions involve walking or hiking.
- Do follow the rules and regulations at each attraction, such as following safety guidelines for the Bali Swing and zip-lining activities.
- Don’t litter or damage the natural environment, and dispose of any trash properly.
- Don’t touch or disturb any wildlife in the area, such as birds or monkeys.
- Don’t forget to negotiate prices before buying souvenirs or taking part in any activities.
- Don’t disrespect the local people, such as by speaking loudly or being overly intrusive when taking photos.
- Don’t forget to carry cash with you, as some restaurants and attractions may not accept credit cards.